Links to recent relevant scientific literature:
Please note – Inclusion of articles on this page does not necessarily indicate our agreement with, or endorsement of, their content.
– Because many scientific papers cannot be freely accessed, links usually give access to an abstract only. Open access to the full article is indicated where available.
Below some recent links to scientific publications. More links can be found here:
– Scientific Publications on Microplastics – MORE links to peer-reviewed scientific articles
– Resources – links to all types of resource material
– Publications – scientific publications of the ecotoxicology group
- Evaluating scenarios toward zero plastic pollution. Science, 23 Jul 2020, eaba9475. DOI:10.1126/science.aba9475 open access et al. (2020)
- Imogen E. Napper, Aaron C. Barrett, Richard C. Thompson (2020) The efficiency of devices intended to reduce microfibre release during clothes washing. Science of The Total Environment, 2020, 140412.
- Christoph Schür, Sebastian Zipp, Tobias Thalau, Martin Wagner (2020) Microplastics but not natural particles induce multigenerational effects in Daphnia magna. Environmental Pollution, Volume 260, 113904. DOI:10.1016/j.envpol.2019.113904
- Irina A. Guschina, Anthony J. Hayes, Stephen J. Ormerod (2020) Polystyrene microplastics decrease accumulation of essential fatty acids in common freshwater algae. Environmental Pollution, Volume 263, Part B, 2020, 114425. DOI:10.1016/j.envpol.2020.114425
- Kaan Karaoğlu, Serkan Gül (2020) Characterization of microplastic pollution in tadpoles living in small water-bodies from Rize, the northeast of Turkey. Chemosphere, Volume 255, 2020, 126915. DOI:10.1016/j.chemosphere.2020.126915
- I.A. Kane et al. (2020) Seafloor microplastic hotspots controlled by deep-sea circulation. Science, 368, 6495:1140-1145. DOI:10.1126/science.aba5899. open access
- A. Jemec Kokalj, D. Kuehnel, B. Puntar, A. Žgajnar Gotvajn, G. Kalčikova (2019)
An exploratory ecotoxicity study of primary microplastics versus aged in natural waters and wastewaters. Environmental Pollution, 254A: 112980. DOI:10.1016/j.envpol.2019.112980
- Blettler, M.C.M. & Wantzen, K.M. (2019) Threats Underestimated in Freshwater Plastic Pollution: Mini-Review. Water Air Soil Pollut, 230: 174. DOI:10.1007/s11270-019-4220-z
- Rachel L. Coppock, et al. (2019) Microplastics alter feeding selectivity and faecal density in the copepod, Calanus helgolandicus. Science of The Total Environment, 687: 780-789. DOI: 10.1016/j.scitotenv.2019.06.009 open access
On the Creation of Risk: Framing of Microplastics Risks in Science and Media. Global Challenges 2019, 1900010. DOI: 10.1002/gch2.201900010. open access, ,
- Lorena M. Rios Mendoza and Mary Balcer (2018) Microplastics in freshwater environments: A review of quantification assessment, TrAC Trends in Analytical Chemistry, 113: 402-408. DOI:10.1016/j.trac.2018.10.020.
- Thijs Bosker et al. (2019) Microplastics accumulate on pores in seed capsule and delay germination and root growth of the terrestrial vascular plant Lepidium sativum. Chemosphere 226 (July 2019): 774-781. DOI:10.1016/j.chemosphere.2019.03.163
- Thomas Stanton et al. (2019) Freshwater and airborne textile fibre populations are dominated by ‘natural’, not microplastic, fibres. Science of The Total Environment 666 (20 May 2019): 377-389 DOI:10.1016/j.scitotenv.2019.02.278
- James D. O’Connor et al. (2020) Microplastics in Freshwater Biota: A Critical Review of Isolation, Characterization, and Assessment Methods. Global Challenges 2020, 4, 1800118. DOI:10.1002/gch2.201800118
- Véronique Adam et al. (2019) Toward an ecotoxicological risk assessment of microplastics: Comparison of available hazard and exposure data in freshwaters. Environ. Toxicol. Chem. 38(2): 436-447. DOI:10.1002/etc.4323
- Luís Gabriel Antão Barboza et al. (2018) Marine microplastic debris: An emerging issue for food security, food safety and human health. Mar. Pollut. Bull. 133: 336-348. DOI:10.1016/j.marpolbul.2018.05.047 open access