Please note – inclusion of articles on this page does not necessarily indicate our agreement with, or endorsement of, their content.
More links can be found at Resources, including links to scientific publications and media articles.
Links to scientific reports on microplastics:
- Jake Martin et al. (2017) The Deposition and Accumulation of Microplastics in Marine Sediments and Bottom Water from the Irish Continental Shelf. Scientific Reports 7, Article number: 10772. doi:10.1038/s41598-017-11079-2. Open Access
- A. Lusher et al. (2017) Microplastics in fisheries and aquaculture. Status of knowledge on their occurrence and implications for aquatic organisms and food safety. FAO Fisheries and Aquaculture Technical Paper, ISBN 978-92-5-109882-0 (free download)
- Anne Marie Mahon et al. (2017) Research 210: Scope, Fate, Risks and Impacts of Microplastic Pollution in Irish Freshwater Systems. EPA Research Report No. 210 (free download)
- Farm-bound sludge teems with tiny plastic fibres – Brunel University London
- FEATURE: UN’s mission to keep plastics out of oceans and marine life – UN News Centre
- Newly published GESAMP report on Microplastics – UNESCO