Links to recent relevant scientific literature:
Please note – Inclusion of articles on this page does not necessarily indicate our agreement with, or endorsement of, their content.
– Because many scientific papers cannot be freely accessed, links usually give access to an abstract only. Open access to the full article is indicated where available.
More links can be found here:
– Scientific Publications on Microplastics – more links to peer-reviewed scientific articles
– Resources – links to all types of resource material
– Publications page – scientific publications of the ecotoxicology group
- Christian Scherer, et al. (2017) Feeding type and development drive the ingestion of microplastics by freshwater invertebrates. Scientific Reports 7: 17006
doi:10.1038/s41598-017-17191-7 open access
- GabrielaKalčíková et al. (2017) Impact of polyethylene microbeads on the floating freshwater plant duckweed Lemna minor. Environ. Pollut. 230: 1108-1115
- Chelsea M. Rochman et al. (2017) Direct and indirect effects of different types of microplastics on freshwater prey (Corbicula fluminea) and their predator (Acipenser transmontanus). DOI: 10.1371/journal.pone.0187664