Links to recent relevant scientific literature:
Please note – Inclusion of articles on this page does not necessarily indicate our agreement with, or endorsement of, their content.
– Because many scientific papers cannot be freely accessed, links usually give access to an abstract only. Open access to the full article is indicated where available.
More links can be found here:
– Scientific Publications on Microplastics – more links to peer-reviewed scientific articles
– Resources – links to all types of resource material
– Publications – scientific publications of the ecotoxicology group
- Kay, P., Hiscoe, R., Moberley, I. et al. (2018) Wastewater treatment plants as a source of microplastics in river catchments. Environ. Sci. Pollut. Res. DOI: 10.1007/s11356-018-2070-7 open access
- Chelsea M. Rochman (2018) Microplastics research—from sink to source. Science 360(6384): 28-29. DOI: 10.1126/science.aar7734 open access
- M.O.Rodrigues, et al. (2018) Effectiveness of a methodology of microplastics isolation for environmental monitoring in freshwater systems. Ecol. Indic. 89: 488-495. DOI: 10.1016/j.ecolind.2018.02.038
- Alice A. Horton, et al. (2018) The influence of exposure and physiology on microplastic ingestion by the freshwater fish Rutilus rutilus (roach) in the River Thames, UK. Environm. Poll. 263: 188-194. DOI: 10.1016/j.envpol.2018.01.044 open access
- Monica F. Costa et al. (2018) Sampling of micro(nano)plastics in environmental compartments: How to define standard procedures? Curr. Opin. Env. Sci. Health https://doi.org/10.1016/j.coesh.2017.10.001 open access