Please note – inclusion of articles on this page does not necessarily indicate our agreement with, or endorsement of, their content.
More links can be found at Resources, including links to scientific publications and media articles.
- Dirty laundry: Are your clothes polluting the ocean? – BBC News (Science and Environment
- The down-low on microplastics – ZME Science
- Fig Leaves Are Out. What to Wear to Be Kind to the Planet? – New York Times
- EARTH’S MICROPLASTICS PROBLEM – The Earth Story
- Microplastics demystified: a review examining how these tiny plastics act in pollutant transfer – Oceanbites
- Freshwater’s Macro Microplastic Problem – NOVA Next
- Microplastics: What are they and what can we do about them? – International Institute for Sustainable Development
- Fibers from synthetic clothing disastrous for mankind and the oceans – Plastic Soup Foundation
- Government drops opposition to Bill banning microplastics – Irish Times
- Ireland can’t wait for EU ban on microbeads and is pressing on with its own – The Journal
- How Ireland’s plastic pollution became part of our diet – Irish Times
- Ireland should ban microbeads, says top marine biologist – Irish Times
- A caterpillar that eats and digests plastic in record time – Deutsche Welle
- A large conveyor belt transfers floating plastic litter to the remote Arctic Ocean – Tara Expeditions